In past webinars we have discussed the importance of Dissolved Gas Analysis in transformer oil.
Often times we have seen how a typical one year interval or even less between oil analyses at the laboratory is insufficient to detect the generation and/or evolution of a specific failure of the transformer tank.
For this reason, Morgan Schaffer decided to carry out a thorough monitoring of the key gases for diagnosing transformers.
First they suggested using Single-gas monitors and years later, they began using Multi-gas monitors to analyse all (or almost all) of the gases, which serves as a basis for their fault diagnostic tools.
Subjects of the session
- Evolution of the monitoring.
- Introduction to the different types of monitors (SINGLE-GAS vs. MULTI-GAS)
- Measuring and extraction technologies of MULTI-GAS monitors.
- Comparison of the different technologies. Selecting the correct monitor for each case.
- CAPEX and OPEX analysis. Example and Case Study.